Tyler found a snake out front of Uncle David's on 4th of July. Everyone was trying to be brave enough to hold it!
Trey is still deciding if he trusts to touch it or not! How do you like the distance Brynkli is keeping between her and the snake... I'll touch it, but I'm staying behind Trey!
I will just tell you that John loves when we call to say... "Um there's a snake outside" "Can you come catch it".... He's got a snake stick and all!! I am the "QUEEN SNAKE FINDER" as my kids would tell ya. Our first snake of the season was a 4 foot 8 inch Bullsnake... John found it as we were cleaning out the garage, it was slithering up the side of the house. Same day... we found another one!!
This year has been the year of the snakes!! For those that don't know... we live in Paulden, which is about 30 miles north of Prescott, AZ. We live about 6 miles off the highway, and about 1 1/2 of those miles are dirt road! We live on 4 acres of dirt so there is PLENTY of roaming room for all kinds of creepy crawly things.... (We do have Dogs and Chickens so that helps!)
Over the course of 2 days... I personally found 7 snakes!! All bullsnakes THANKGOODNESS!! And they were all less than a 1/2 mile of our house!
We were headed for home and saw a HUGE snake in the road...The kids and I (being in the car) called John... he came quickly, caught it, put it in his bucket, and we headed for home... as we were driving off... HERE IS ANOTHER SNAKE!! So John catches it and just as he gets it in his bucket... He sees ANOTHER one!! How bizzarre... 3 bullsnakes, in 5 mins time, and ALL 3 of them are at least 4 FEET!!
I just have to say, that I don't fully mind finding snakes as long as they follow a few simple rules...
1- They are NOT Rattlers! (Bullsnakes eat Rattlers, so I like the Bullsnakes)
2- I don't have to get near them
3- The kids stay BACK... The Bullsnake is a very doscile snake, but are still creepy!
4- They don't travel "home" in my car!!
Yes you guessed it... John LOVES bringing the snakes home to put them into the GOFER holes!
Oh yeah!! A few weeks ago, the kids and I were at Aunt Andra's... John was working out of town, Uncle David was at the Fire Station, Brok was gone... next oldest guy there was Alex (15). So we were all having a picnic out back for lunch... All of a sudden one of the kids is yelling about a snake! Andra and I run over, confirm that there is in fact a snake and start yelling at Alex to "JUST CATCH IT" " IT ISN'T GOING TO HURT YOU" "HURRY IT'S GOING AWAY" "GRAB IT"!!!! (Yes we were yelling at him, but neither one of us were brave enough to grab it) Well, it was freaking Alex out too bad, so we called the FIRESTATION!! Ha ha!! Funniest thing... So Uncle David and his crew drive the firetruck over to the house, and ask the kids where it is.... Funny thing.... The other FIREFIGHTERS were VERY afraid of the snake TOO!!! Uncle David was the HERO... The only one brave enough to grab it and take it off somewhere else!!





1 comment:
Snakes uh? Sounds like you are quite the snake charmer. I think I would still be a little freaked out about them though. You are brave.
Post a Comment