The other day, while visiting a family members blog, they were talking about their SUNDAY FAMILY TRADITIONS. And it got me thinking about Family Traditions in general.
Well, as I was "Surfing the net" looking for cool, interested, fun, NEW ideas to add to our small list of FAMILY TRADITIONS... I came across the following:
Meaningful family traditions provide parents with
an invaluable tool for carrying out their divine responsibility to rear children
in love and righteousness. As families establish and follow traditions, each
family member is strengthened and the family as a whole
grows in unity and love.
The Family: A Proclamation to the
World states that wholesome family recreation is
important in building successful families. By creating traditions that bring the
family closer to God, parents can strengthen the bond between family members,
fortify commitment to religion, and teach important principles they want their
children to understand and live by.I was thinking... it'd be fun to find out what "OTHERS" families traditions are.Everything mentioned above is what I want!!
Family growing in unity and love Teach important principles Bonding Closer to God EtcSo, Here's the deal... If you would...
PLEASE take a minute or two to post in my comments... Tell us about a few of your favorite family traditions that you share with your family! Perhaps together, we can all get some new ideas to incorporate into our own families and help each other to attain the items listed above and Create memories to last a life time!
THANKS in ADVANCE!!





8 comments:
Heidi- I love this post, and if you give me permission can I use it on my blog too??
We have a few traditions. One is for Valentines. I always give new fun undees/boxers and then some treats. I learned this one from my mother in law
2-I learned from a bishops wife- for Fathers day, I always by some cute bra/undees/nighty thingee
3-Easter we do one thing about the savior each day for April/ or you could do it in March
4-Christmas on chridtmas eve we all open up one gift, it is new pajamas and slippers and we always have biscuits and gravy for breakfast.
I will think of somemore
Of course you can use it... then share your responses with me!! :)
Some of our ideas are similar.. V-DAY.. My mom always did this for us and now I always do it.. make a nice big dinner and then each person gets their own personal cherry cheese cake with a yummy recipe from my Gramma!
Easter-Nice family dinner, color eggs, and a hunt with all the cousins (I like your christ idea)
We have the sam e Chirstmas tradition!! Jammies and slippers and our secret santa gift!
I want to start doing a teeny tiny UN-BIRTHDAY little tradition... I just think it'd be cute and fun.. tiny and simple but remembered!
KEEP THE IDEAS COMING!!!
We have a coupld traditions on my side of the family. I'm starting to do it with my family now. Valentines day i buy a little something for josh and braiden and do valentines (like back in elementry school)and read them when we get up in the morning. For birthdays, you decorate the house before the birthday boy/girl get's up and open presents when they wake up! Easter we always have a nice lunch or dinner, and have the little kids and grandkids go for an easter egg hunt, also the bigger kids (teenagers) get to go on the money egg hunt, pretty cool! We also play games. all the otherholidays before halloween we do things randomly. anyways, Halloween we have a party with friends, Thanksgiving we get letters of the alphabet and whatever letter you get you go around and say what you are thankful for that starts with that letter or just one thing you are greatful for. Christmas eve we have family get together and have a nice feast, and the nativity is acted out by the grandkids. Christmas day we go visit family that can't move around so good (example: my grandma jeannie is having knee surgery and so instead of her coming to see us we'll go see her and visit) That's all I can think of for now.
What a great idea! I might steal it from you as well! :-) Okay, so here are ours: Christmas eve we play hide n seek in the house with all the lights out so it is really dark. Also, Christmas eve if we are with my fam. we have a puppet show of the nativity story. then we have a fun white elephant exchange and green chili burrito's for dinner. We just started this one last year, the kids get to talk to santa on the phone before they go to bed Christmas eve. With Brandon's family they all wait and watch each other open their presents one by one. It makes the excitement last longer. (we didn't do that growing up because we all went to g-ma & g-pas house with all our cousins. It would have taken too long.) I'll keep thinking. I'm sure there are more!
Hey, We are going private on our blog... so please leave me your email if you wish to be invited!
Where have you gone?
Heidi! I'm so glad I found your blog!! How is the fam??
Hey! You haven't blogged in forever!!!
Post a Comment