Sunday, September 14, 2008

So I know this is a little on the cheesy side, but this spider web really got to me this morning. I was outside trying to gather the kids back in to get ready for church and happened to look up to see this amazing web on our roof top, carfully pinned down on each side of the web, carefully spun and detailed with great care.
I go in to get my camera and as I am taking pictures I can't help but think of the song "HOW GREAT THOU ART"
I know, I know, a little silly, but maybe it was just what I needed! I have had a very full plate lately and especially having John gone, it's been even fuller than usual! I have really been praying for strength and understanding these last few weeks of trials and each time, my Heavenly Father blesses me with more to be thankful for. So as I watched this spider web wiggling in the wind, I Looked carefully at the amazing detail and great care that was put into making this web. And even more amazing to me was the tiny creature that made this great piece of art!
So back to my thoughts... It immediately dawned on me, I am just one of many, but I am heard, cared for, loved, and watched over constantly. My prayers are heard and answered daily, my thoughts and desires are important. I am grateful for the many many blessing that I have to enjoy each and every day of my life! I also thought, if one tiny little spider could make this amazing home for itself...what could I do for me and my family.
I challenged myself, today, to do that much more, to work that much harder, to make my home a safe haven from the world, and have the spirit dwell in my home more constantly!
I am grateful that I stumbled upon this web this morning, it's funny, but it's been my focus of thought for most of the day. Perhaps we could all use a little more "DETAIL" in our families, especially these days of trial!

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

That was pretty touching Heidi. I know how you feel about being overwhelmed and taking on alot. Mike and I are always running to different directions and feel like I have to pick up the slack. I think it's because I take on the most, must be a mom thing, but it's hard to finally breakdown and ask for strength and peace but when I do it makes the "dirty" house not look so bad.

Methodical Wormer said...

Awesome story Heidi. It's amazing how just the right thing will trigger so much information for the spirit to give you. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Misty Smart said...

Heidi-
You ahould be an writer. You are so good at it. I can't do anything like that- HENCE- I copied your tradition post pretty much word for word...thanks